Tuberose, also known as the night flower, is one of the most fascinating and beguiling flowers used in perfumery. Its distinctive aroma gives perfumes a sensual and opulent note that captivates the senses. Along with oudh, ambergris, saffron, rose oil, it is one of the
- Botanical origin: Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa) is a fragrant flower originally native to Mexico and belongs to the agave family.
- Flower shape: Tuberose is characterized by long, slender inflorescences covered with numerous white waxy flowers.
Tuberose is known for its intense and seductive fragrance, which is described as floral, sweet and sensual. Its aroma can be perceived as a mixture of floral and green notes, creating an aura of romance and sensuality. The main fragrance notes of tuberose are:
- Floral: Tuberose exudes a rich floral fragrance reminiscent of jasmine and gardenia.
- Sweet: A soft, sweet note gives the fragrance a pleasant warmth and sensuality.
- Sensual: Tuberose has a strong aphrodisiac effect and is often called the “night flower” because its fragrance is most intense at night.
Use of tuberose in perfumes
Tuberose is a popular ingredient in perfumery and is used in numerous fragrances to create a sensual and floral note. Perfumers appreciate the versatility of tuberose as it can be used as a heart note, base note or even as the main ingredient in a perfume. Some well-known perfumes that contain tuberose are:
Germany - Spain - USA
- Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier: This floral fragrance combines tuberose with orange blossom and vanilla to create a romantic and dreamy atmosphere.
- Tuberose Le Jour by Maison Francis Kurkdjian: a perfume that puts tuberose in the spotlight and its floral splendor.
- Michael Kors by Michael Kors: This classic fragrance uses tuberose to create a feminine and luxurious note.
Tuberose is a demanding flower that requires a lot of sunlight and special care. It is often cultivated in countries like India and Mexico, where the climate is favorable. The flowers are usually harvested by hand, as they are extremely delicate and require careful handling to preserve their fragrance.
Tuberose: aura and sensuality
Tuberose is one of the most fascinating and seductive flowers in the world of perfumes. Its unique fragrance, often described as sensual and romantic, has taken the perfume world by storm. Although tuberose is a demanding flower that requires special conditions for its growth, it is indispensable in perfumery. Its floral splendor and beguiling sensuality give fragrances an unforgettable touch and make them timeless classics.