Patek Philippe watches are world-famous for their tradition, exclusivity and record prices. In the list of the most expensive watches ever made in the world, Patek Philippe occupies almost without gap the top 20 position. We will introduce you to the most popular models of the collection ”Aquanaut”, give you all the important details about prices and waiting lists and explain the history of the watch.
Patek Philippe Aquanaut: Prices, waiting lists, models & history
The Swiss luxury brand Patek Philippe, with its headquarters in Geneva, was founded in 1839 by the Polish nobleman Antoine Norbert de Patek. How was the luxury brand’s world-famous Calatrava model created? When the Aquanaut was launched in 1997, it caused a sensation. The watch was young, modern and surprising. Its case, a rounded octagon, was inspired by that of the Nautilus. It has a “tropical” strap, the bracelet is made of a new, very durable composite material. Even salt water and ultraviolet rays do not harm it.
The Patek Philippe Aquanaut is the second sports watch from the Geneva-based manufacturer Patek Phillipe. It has a water resistance of up to 12 bar and is characterized by a special attention to detail and excellent quality. The soft octagonal bezel creates a constantly changing light by alternating polished surfaces. The unique dial decoration takes up the smooth shape of the case and gives the Patek Philippe Aquanaut a dynamic appearance.
Waiting lists & Prices
The most expensive watch of the collection ”Aquanaut”, is the model 5062/450R, with a current sales value of 176.000 CHF. The cheapest watch in the collection is already available for about 18.000 Swiss Francs. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get hold of the model Aquanaut: Current waiting time is even up to five years. Used, however, the watch is offered by many retailers, including Chronext, Watchmaster or Farfetch.
Models, Trademarks & Materials
The trademark of the Aquanaut is the well-known Tropical bracelet, made of high-tech composite materials. It is not only comfortable to wear, but also durable, resistant to ultraviolet radiation, salt water, wind and rain. As a leisure watch this model is perfect! The Aquanaut is waterproof to a depth of 120 meters and becomes a universal watch that can also be worn while swimming. Aquanaut can also be worn with a stainless steel band like no. 5167 / 1A-001 instead of the composite material. We present you the four most popular models of the collection!
5167R – AQUANAUT for 34.500 CHF
The Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167R is known for its brown look and rose gold details.
- Watch: mechanical movement with automatic winding
- Caliber: 324 S C, date, center second
- Dial: Brown dial with embossed decoration, applied gold numerals with luminous coating
- Case: Rose gold, screw-in crown, sapphire crystal case back, water-resistant to 120 meters Case diameter (10-4 o’clock): 40.8 mm. Height: 8.1 mm
- Bracelet: Chocolate brown composite bracelet. Folding clasp
- Price: 34.500 CHF
5167/1A – AQUANAUT for 21.000 CHF
The Patek Phillipe Aquanaut 5167/1A is characterized by its silver appearance and black dial.
- Watch: mechanical movement with automatic winding.
- Caliber: Caliber 324 S C, date, center second
- Dial: Black with embossed decoration
- Case: Stainless steel, screw-down crown, sapphire crystal case back, water resistant to 120 meters Case diameter (10-4 o’clock): 40.8 mm. Height: 8.1 mm
- Bracelet: Steel bracelet, Aquanaut folding clasp
- Price: 21.000 CHF
5168G – AQUANAUT for 37.000 CHF
The Patek Phillipe Aquanaut 5168G is especially known for its khaki green look.
- Watch: mechanical movement with automatic winding
- Caliber: 324 S C. Date window, center second
- Dial: With embossed decoration, khaki green, applied gold numerals with luminous coating
- Case: White gold, screw-down crown, sapphire crystal case back, water-resistant to 120 meters, case diameter (10 – 4 o’clock): 42.2 mm. Height: 8.25 mm
- Bracelet: composite material, khaki green, Aquanaut folding clasp
- Price: 37.000 CHF
5062/450R – AQUANAUT for 176.000 CHF
The Patek Phillipe Aquanaut 5062/450R is characterized by its luxurious look.
- Watch: mechanical movement with automatic winding, mechanical movement with automatic winding
- Caliber: 324
- Dial: dial with 160 diamonds (approx. 0.68 ct) (random setting) and 76 baguette diamonds (approx. 2.6 ct) (invisible setting), 12 baguette diamond indexes (approx. 0.53 ct), 18K gold dial
- Case: Rose gold, screw-down crown, sapphire crystal case back, water-resistant to 30 meters, case diameter (10 – 4 o’clock): 38.8 mm
- Bracelet: “Tropical” composite bracelet, mother-of-pearl beige, Aquanaut folding clasp with 10 baguette diamonds (approx. 0.34 ct)
- Gemstone setting: bezel and lugs with 48 baguette diamonds (approx. 3.68 ct), hands with 6 baguette diamonds (approx. 0.06 ct) and one diamond (approx. 0.01 ct), Aquanaut folding clasp with 10 baguette diamonds (approx. 0.34 ct)
- Price: 176.000 CHF
Patek Philippe Aquanaut: Review, reviews & experiences
In the following video you will find important information about the look, price and experience of the Aquanaut 5164A.
Unboxing & Review: Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167
One of the most popular models in the collection: The Aquanaut 5176! Watch this video to learn even more exciting details about the watch.