Portugal is a popular tourist destination, and stands for sun, beach and holidays: Cities like Lagos, Vilamoura or Faro with an authentic charm fascinate many tourists every year with green cliffs, dream beaches and deep blue Atlantic sea. Especially the west coast is considered a wild and mostly undiscovered area. But Portugal is also suitable for an exciting city trip, for example in beautiful cities like Porto or Lisbon. The most western country of Europe is located on the Iberian Peninsula and has a lot to offer, because there is a lot to discover. FIV Magazine has put together a guide to Portugal for you.
Acommodation in Portugal: from budget to luxury
The flights are booked, the holiday can come, now the question is what kind of accommodation to choose to enjoy Portugal to the fullest. When staying in Portugal, you can choose from a variety of hotels (luxury hotels, family hotels, wellness hotels, etc.) Another option is to rent a holiday home or apartment. Alternatively, you can go camping on the Atlantic coast and experience and discover the Portuguese nature.
Holiday flats in Portugal: Good value for families
Holiday apartments or holiday homes in Portugal are currently a very popular alternative to the classic hotel stay. There is also a wide range of holiday homes to choose from: Be it a small holiday home for travellers with a small budget, or a luxury holiday home with a large apartment complex and pool. The good thing about holiday homes is that you can book a stay over a longer period of time for an affordable price.
Holiday homes are flexible, because holiday homes have kitchens where you can prepare food at any time and at a reasonable price, which is very practical and affordable for a group of several people. As it is the case in hotels, one is not bound to certain buffet times. The coolest thing about apartments and holiday homes is that you often do not have to leave your beloved pets at home and can take them with you. You can easily book holiday apartments online.
Hotels in Portugal: Luxury Hotels & Family Hotels
Portugal has many different hotels to offer: From adventurous family hotels to relaxing wellness hotels or high quality and first class luxury hotels. Depending on your budget and preferences, you can find the hotel that suits you best, ensuring a carefree and enjoyable stay. Hotels are comfortable: you don’t have to worry about anything, be it food or cleaning your room, because the hotel staff will take care of everything. Portugal has a stunning selection of organic and natural hotels, most of which are located in the centre of Portugal. Perfect for travellers who pay special attention to sustainability.
FragranceTip.com by FIV
The coolest spots in Portugal
Portugal has an incredible amount to offer and there is a lot for travellers to discover. Be it the breathtaking nature or dreamlike beaches. Especially the big cities of Lisbon and Porto are a must see, they have become the most popular destinations in Western Europe. More and more travel enthusiasts want to discover Portugal. The big cities convince with history, many activities for tourists and beautiful spots to see and experience.
Lisbon: the famous cosmopolitan city
- Listen to Fado: Fado is a well known Portuguese music style that is best enjoyed over dinner in a restaurant in Alfama, Mouraria or Madragoa.
- Climb the castle Castelo de Sao Jorge: The famous Portuguese castle is the highest point in the Portuguese city and simply fascinating.
- Take the Santa Justa elevator up: The elevator is over 100 years old and offers a breathtaking view of the old town of Lisbon.
- Take the tram: A tram ride through Lisbon is one of the best ways to travel through the historic districts. It is also a cool photo spot.
- Go to Terreiro do Paco square: Terreiro do Paco is the largest square in Lisbon, and is considered a symbol of the city of Lisbon.
Exciting activities in popular Porto
Porto is the second largest city in Portugal, and is translated into German as “port”. Porto is located on the Atlantic coast and is fascinating and lively. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Western Europe. The city offers interesting tourist activities and an exciting nightlife.
- Discover the Ponte Dom Luis: The Dom Luis is located in the middle of the city, connecting the municipality of Vila Nova de Gaia with the Ribeira district. The Dom Luis offers an unforgettable view over Porto.
- The Estacio de Sao Bento: The historic train station is located in the centre of Porto, and is a must-see for its architecture and the paintings inside the station.
- Livraria Lello: The Livraria Lello bookshop is a cathedral of books. Every visitor will remember the bookshop for its beautiful wooden staircase.
- Igreja dos Clérigos – The Clérigos Church: The Igreja dos Clérigos is built in a breathtaking baroque style. The former monastery now houses a museum with goldsmith’s art, paintings, sculptures and furniture from the 13th to 20th century. The church is one of the symbols of Porto.
- The Parque das Virtudes: The park is in the middle of the city. It is located in the centre of the city and is terraced. From the park you have an unforgettable view of the Douro, the Vila Nova de Gaia and the customs building. The Parque das Virtudes is a good place to picnic and relax. A place you have to see and experience in Porto!
Weather Portugal: Temperature and trend
Weather today/ Weather in 3 days