Portrait: Alexis Mabille – Clothing designer Prêt-à-porter & Haute Couture
Elegance, sensuality and lightness – Alexis Mabille has the most unusual looks for fashion enthusiasts. As a designer he makes headlines with the latest trends, sells his clothes worldwide and demonstrates his latest collections at fashion shows and fashion showrooms at Galerie Vivienne Paris.
The Career of Alexis Mabille
Alexis Mabille became famous for his modernization of the bow tie . Her trademark is also unisex clothing.
Alexis Mabille: Behavior
- 1976 – he was born in Lyon. Alexis Mabille comes from a very creative family and started sewing and drawing at the age of 8-9 years. He made his first clothes from old fabrics found in the attic of the family.
- 1995/1997 – Graduate of the renowned Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne after two years instead of the usual three years.
- 1997 – After his diploma and the strong desire to make himself known, Alexis Mabille began his training with Nina Ricci and Ungaro, then with Dior. In the renowned fashion house he met John Galliano, who was seduced by Alexis Mabille’s will and originality. It was at this time that Dior began creating fashion accessories and Alexis Mabille created them in 1997, at the age of 21. Then Alexis Mabille participated in the collections of other fashion houses, such as Saint Laurent and Lancôme, always for the accessories sector, especially in a range of spectacle frames.
- 2006/2007 – Alexis Mabille creates her own brand. Introduction of Impasse 13, a unisex collection, and Treizor, an accessory line.
- 2012 – he launched his first fashion show Haute Couture in Paris and it was a complete success.
Alexis Mabille’s wedding dresses
2017 – Alexis Mabille expands his range of evenings and special occasions by dedicating one of his two Paris boutiques to wedding wear. At 34 Galerie Vivienne – Paris 2nd, the designer presents a curated selection of Evening Ready-to-Wear looks in a palette of white. The designer’s idea is to simplify the purchase of a wedding dress to make it as natural as any other garment. He also set up a corner at a single price to reach the chic customers of Paris.
View this post on Instagram
Happy to unveil my limited edition Alexis Mabille X Monoprix bridal collaboration in shops next week @alexismabille @monoprix @harriettrosee1 shot by @julietrannoy #monoprix #alexismabille #bridal #whitegown #bridaldress #weddingdress #wedding #thinkwhite #love #veil #unveil #white #gown #dress
Tête-à-tête Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2019 collection – Alexis Mabille
On Tuesday 2 July, Alexis Mabille, the chic designer, presented his new Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2019 collection in Paris. Through this collection, Alexis Mabille wanted to recapture the very essence of Haute Couture: the exclusivity, the craftsmanship and beautiful materials. His work is to highlight a woman, to dress her in a way that transcribes her state of mind. Each design is therefore created to match a personality. This collection was designed with volumes that skim or embrace the body, structured or evanescent lines, to compliment all body shapes.The fabrics he have selected—silk faille, crepe, tulle, organza–become the body’s makeup.
Pale pink illusion tulle bustier gown, with appliqué and incrustations of lace embroidered with mother-of-pearl and crystal, knotted at the shoulders and trimmed in Valenciennes lace.
Long wrap dress in white satin organzawith a wide collar.
Sweetheart neckline pink satin gown with stripes of lace in black, white, coral and hematite.
Here are the best shows by Alexis Mabille: