Playful, vulgar and extrovert, Jean Paul Gaultier has the most unusual looks for fashion lovers. As a designer, he makes the headlines with the latest trends, sells his perfumes all over the world and presents his latest collections not only at trade fairs, but also organizes a kind of musical comedy for his fashion philosophy.
+ AD + Do you know?
Jean Paul Gaultier’s career
Jean Paul Gaultier is considered to be the terrible child of French fashion and one of the most important designers of the last twenty years.
Jean Paul Gaultier – Routes
- 1952 – Born in Arcueil: his grandmother had her own beauty salon and he took refuge there to work. Thanks to Jacques Becker’s film FALBALAS, Gaultier was fascinated by haute couture. As a teenager, he designs two collections a year and does not hesitate to send his sketches to the major Parisian fashion houses: Pierre Cardin offers him a position as a studio assistant for his 18th birthday! He also worked for Jean Patou.
- 1976 he presents his first collection at the Planetarium of the Palais de la découverte in Paris
- 1997, he opened his own Haute Couture house. Jean-Paul Gaultiers quickly defines himself by extravagant creations, often inspired by the punk style. When we think of Jean-Paul Gaultier, we think of tulle, lace, perfecto, men’s kilt but also the mythical navy with navy stripes and white stripes.
- 1985 September he opens his first shop at 6 Rue Vivienne in Paris.
- 1990 He became internationally known by designing the costumes for Madonna’s Blond Ambition tour. The bras and bustiers created for the singer are today the most emblematic models in the company’s history.
Jean Paul Gaultier Prize Fashion
- 1987 : Delivery of l´Oscar de la Mode to Paris
- 1988 : Presentation of the “Oscar de la Mode” for its ready-to-wear collection
- 2001- Knight of the Legion of Honour
- 2004- Best International Designer CFDA New York
- 2011 : He was honored by AmFAR for the accomplishment of his life
- 2012 : Crystal Globe Best Fashion Designer
- 2012 : Jean Paul Gaultier receives a Lifetime Achievement Award in Berlin
- 2012 : Gaultier was a juror at the 65th Cannes International Film Festival
- 2013 : Diálogo Prize in Madrid
- 2019 : Felicidad Duce Prize
What scandal are you? – Les Nouveaux Parfums by Jean Paul Gaultier
Jean Paul Gaultier proposes a new perfume for women that goes beyond the CLICHES for a strong and sexy woman. He invites all women to let themselves be seduced by the Paris scandal with a radiant and luminous perfume and to spread crazy rumours.
Wednesday, July 3, Jean Paul Gaultier, the eccentric and chic designer, will present his new Haute Couture collection Autumn/Winter 2019 in Paris. What space did he reserve for this new show? After this year’s Fashion Freak Show at the Folie Bergère, we are looking forward to discovering the new Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2019 collection. Here are the best shows of Jean Paul Gaultier:
Jean Paul Gaultier Show Haute Couture Collection Spring/Summer 2019
Jean Paul Gaultier Salon Haute Couture Haute Couture Collection Autumn/Winter 2018/2019
Jean Paul Gaultier Fashion Freak Show
After Josephine Baker, Charlie Chaplin and Zizi Jeanmaire, one of France’s most famous fashion designers: Jean Paul Gaultier inspired the legendary Parisian vaudeville scene with his Fashion Freak Show. From his provocative debut to his most successful fashion shows, from his crazy Palace parties to the hot London nights, this terrible fashion child shows you things you’ve never seen before! Shown by strange creatures and rare and spectacular artists, only Jean Paul Gaultier can bring them to light. Freak is chic!
+ AD + Do you know?